We gathered together at Creativitea to think about our next creative project for 2014. The Saltaire Sheep Trail proved to be a great success. Colin presented a short film which documented the Sheep Trail.
We then went on to discuss the project for this year. The idea is to make a heap of stars with personalities, that we can offer to the schools and shops to create the Saltaire Star Trek. We hope to be able to encourage people to ‘Boldly go’ and follow the star.
Kate has found a suitable pattern for a knitted star (similar to the picture above) which she will send to me for distribution before the next Creativitea. Colin agreed to provide some felt and kapok for the next meeting so that everyone can have a go at producing a star.
We also felt that there were some lessons to learn from the Sheep Trail.
1. Organise a press release as the project is launched at the end of November.
2. Provide a version of the leaflet for the general public at the venues where the stars are displayed so that more people can be involved.
3. Connect the Star Trek to the Coffee and Carols at Costa so that people will invited to join us for this event.
4. Make this our contribution to the Shipley Nativity Trail.
5. Make more connections with the local schools, perhaps offering some educational opportunities for them to engage with the story. An astronomer would be useful and perhaps some star-gazing in Robert’s Park.
Thanks to everyone who shared their thoughts and supplied such excellent goodies for our tea.